Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Main Goal


Hey everybody! I started this blog to create a forum for discussion of teaching ideas and for sharing activities and resources. As many of you know I am currently in a MAT program at Miami University in Ohio, as are many of you. As we try to learn more, we also want to share the new things we have found. In my experiences as a teacher I found it hard to find time within my busy school day or life to collaborate with other teachers. When I made the time, I learned so much more about how and what to teach and the best ways to make my students successful. Talking with my mentor teacher or just chatting in the hallway with another science teacher really gave me valuable insight. During our summer courses when we travel with other teachers, I really see the results of collaboration with other teachers; despite their discipline. Maybe we have the same challenges in our district that we solved different ways or whatever the situation, there is always valuable information to be shared.

This blog is a site for you to give feedback about different education topics and share what you have learned with others. Maybe you have a favorite activity for teaching about the needs of plants or a favorite book you like to read to teach about recycling, these ideas are new to someone else. Also, discussing opinions on educational topics helps others think about how their thoughts affect their daily teaching. For example, inquiry in science is a great discussion topic that plenty of teachers are being introduced to or have years of experience with.

Before starting this blog, please complete this survey anonymously. This will help me research the effectiveness of this blog and identify the importance of teacher collaboration. Also, I will be posting it on Facebook and sending it to you via email. When we have topic changes, about every 2 weeks, I will send you an email update letting you know.

Click here to take survey

Let's discuss.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the site up! All looks good so far. The first topic should be teaching ESL students that don't speak English in Science! haha ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your goal of this blog. It defintely will open up a new avenue to collaborate with different teachers.

    ReplyDelete